Getting the latest version of iTunes is the most important thing before you transfer any data from your iPhone or iPad to Windows PC. The updated version is the only one that supports transferring of data from an Apple device to Windows.
The steps to transfer videos from iPhone or iPad to Windows PC are:
- Use a USB cable to connect your Apple device to the Windows PC. Once you’ve connected, unlock your iPhone or iPad and allow access to your computer by clicking on the ‘Trust’ option when the pop-up window appears.
- On your PC, go to the ‘This PC’ option.
- You’ll see your device name along with other folders. Tap and open the same.
- A folder named ‘Internal Storage’ will appear. Click on the folder to view your Apple device media in Windows PC.
- Click on the ‘DCIM’ folder that will appear in the next window.
- The following window will appear with many folders that contain your media like photos and videos. It isn’t easy to go through each and every folder and locate the videos you want to transfer from your Apple device to Windows PC.
- To locate and browse your videos quickly, type ‘.mov’ in the search box on the top of the screen. All the videos with the extension will appear on the window. You can also type other extensions in the search box to filter the videos.
- Once all the videos appear on the screen, drag and select these files and right-click on the same to ‘Copy.’
- Locate a folder on your Windows PC where you want to save the files. Right-click on the screen and then select ‘Paste’ to copy all the files in the desired location.
- This process can take up to a few minutes to copy the files depending upon its size.
Following the steps mentioned above can copy any amount of media you want from your iPhone or iPad to Windows.
In the absence of a USB cable, you may also transfer your data with the help of iCloud, Dropbox, and Google Drive. Though the most recommended option is using iCloud Drive. Let’s take a look at the steps to transfer media from iPhone or iPad to Windows PC.
- Setup and launch iCloud for your Windows.
- Reboot your computer once you’ve installed the application.
- Now, open the application in your PC and enter your account details to log in to your Apple account.
- A list of options will appear. Tap on the checkbox to select the data you want to keep updated and tap on the ‘Apply’ button on the bottom right of the window.