In this article, we have discussed how you can group taskbar shortcuts on your Windows 10 device. Your device’s taskbar may fill quickly on pinning a lot of apps on it. If you generally use a lot of apps, follow the below-mentioned steps to add all of them at one place, without overwhelming your taskbar by sacrificing its free space. You can make use of “Taskbar Groups” for this purpose. The “Taskbar Groups” is a new open-source app that will help you out.
Grouping Taskbar Shortcuts on Your PC
Below we have mentioned the steps with which you can group Taskbar shortcuts on Windows 10:
- First, proceed to GitHub to download the “Taskbar Groups” app. You don’t need to worry about the space it will take on your system as it has a file size of only 150KB.
- Once you have downloaded the ZIP file, extract files in it with the help of the file extractors.
- Further, you need to get your hands on the file that needs to be executed.
- An option “Add taskbar group” will appear when you open the app for the first time. Tap on it to create shortcuts to the most used programs.
- A new page will appear on which you need to add an icon for your group that will be created in a moment. Once added, the icon will then be visible in your taskbar. Meanwhile, you can also customize the width for it from 1 to 20.
- Once the icon for the group has been set, tap on “Add new shortcut.”
- Further, you need to select the apps that you want to add.
- After adding the much-needed apps, you need to assign a title to your group.
- Once done, tap on Save.
- The group will then be saved, and you will be redirected to the homepage from where you can access your group.
- You can now access the Shortcuts anytime by clicking on the group.
- You can also pin the group to the taskbar by right-clicking on it and then selecting the option ‘Pin to taskbar’. However, the group can also be pinned to “Start.”
- Once you pin the group in the taskbar, a new entry will appear in your taskbar, with a group icon assigned in the earlier step. By clicking on it, you can easily access the shortcut you have made for it.
So, these were the steps with which you can group your Taskbar shortcuts on Windows 10. The grouping method will let you access all the shortcuts you have grouped from only one place, and you will not have to go to different locations on your PC to access your favorite apps.